Sunday, December 25, 2016

Skin Whitening Soap

Not a review...

My boyfriend, Trevor, received a tiny, decorated bag at work from his Filipino co-workers.  The bag is kind of feminine, so he passed it on to me.

The contents were two boxes of whitening soap, by a company called Magical!  I was like, "What are you trying to tell me?"  He said, "Nothing.  I just saw two little soaps with a chick on it and thought I would give it to you."

What a sweetie pie for thinking of me.

What baffles me about this soap is the precedence of self-hate that darker completed Asians feel the new to lighten their skin.  Having grown up in beach cities of southern California, I loved a tan or "healthy glow" from having some sun light.  Lightening my skin has never been a thought that crossed my mind.

I love my freckles and beauty marks.  It makes me unique.  As the song goes..."A face without freckles is like a sky without stars."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comment has been received.