Monday, December 19, 2016

Beachside Cafe and Pizza

Beachside Cafe and Pizza is a fairly new establishment.  Trevor and I had our taste buds for their pizza.  The parking lot was small and off busy Farrington Highway.  Its easy to miss Beachside as they are tucked away on the side od another building.

The door is a push in door with a door knob.  Upon entering, the style of decor is typical of a Mezican restaurant with blue tiled tables with black, Spanish-ish trim on the backs of a few of the booths.  A plus is they have a television set to watch sports.  Near the register is a refrigerator with pastries.

We got our menus after being directed to a booth.  There was no pizza on the menu.  Looking around the dining room for a pizza special, but noticed the window painting or decals was simply titled "Beachside Cafe," in contrast to the street sign which included the word Pizza.  Unfortunately, we were told they do not sell pizza.

So, we had to look a little more intently at their Hawaiian-Asian-American fusion menu.  Thankfully, the waitress was sweet, otherwise I would have given Trevor the stink-eye for "Let's go."

I looked over and over the menu.  For Hawaii, the prices were fairly descent.  They didn't have anything vegan on the menu.  They did have a veggie sandwich but I needed to know what the toppings were.  I was told the only vegetation would include lettuce, tomato, and onions and pickle.  No thanks.  It didn't sound appetizing enough.  I need a hearty veggie sandwich with the likes of avocados, sprouts, mushrooms, spinach, or something.  Trevor suggested I try their fried noodles, without any meat.

She said the fried noodles typically are with meat but she would be right back to see if the cook would alter it for me to make it vegetarian.  Sure enough, he could.

Trevor got a classic cheeseburger and fries.  They were unsalted so the customer could salt to taste.  He purchased a side of mayo-mustard sauce for dipping, for $1 more.  It was nostalgic to the old Tastee-Freeze sauce he grew up with.  My fried noodles had a charred, flame-broiled taste and included bits of onion, red cabbage, carrots, and mushrooms.  Trevor suggested I eat it with shoyu sauce (soy sauce).  It was my first time for fried noodles and I really enjoyed it.

I would recommend due to the sweet waitress, the prices, and what we ate.  I can't say it's top-notch,  yet, due to it being our first time, but it was descent.  We hope they bring pizza back to the restaurant.  Everyone loves pizza.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comment has been received.